Buckwheat Apple Rounds
2 Free Range Eggs
(optional spoon of kefir/ organic creme fraiche)
1 cup stewed apple
150g buckwheat flour
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of mixed spice
1/2 pint or 284 ml water
preheat oven to 220'.
1. Make a batter with the water and the flour. Whisk so its nice and airy.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add the spoon of kefir/creme fraiche if using.
3. Add the pinch of mixed spice & tbsp maple syrup to the stewed apple, and add stewed apple to the whisked eggs.
4. Fold the buckwheat batter mix into the bowl with the stewed apple & whisked eggs
5. Pour the mix into a muffin tray, and bake for 15 mins on the top shelf until browned.
Leave to cool & enjoy!
These are great for packed lunches, breakfast, and mid afternoon snacks. They are very soft - reminiscent of custard tarts in texture. I like them soft but if you'd prefer them to be more like a cake, add the flour directly to the eggs (and a pinch of baking powder.
Experiment and ENJOY!!